If you walk through your city frequently (and if your city is large, or has historical significance), and you witness widespread torpidity among visitors, you may also decide to tap mixed reality -- the intersection of augmented reality, virtual reality, and the Internet of Things -- to make local sites more engaging, informative, interesting.
1. You buy a tiny, cloud-connected brain.
3. You join a Hackspace.
4. You buy a servo
5. You hook up the servo to something like a guy with a Detour flag.
7. Participation is disappointing.
8. User testing is also mostly disappointing.
9. You realize that you're competing with (and losing to) Horchatas and Churros. Your experiment doesn't survive a remodeling.
10. You regroup, refine your experiment, and search for a new location.